How to Get Ready for Easter Weekend! I read this week that Easter weekend is like the Super Bowl, the Daytona 500, the World Series, the Final Four, the BCS Championship, the Masters, the Stanley Cup, the NBA finals, the Kentucky Derby, Indy, the World Cup, the Olympics (summer and winter) and much, much more all wrapped up into one weekend! What this weekend is about - the death and resurrection of Jesus - changes everything!
Since this weekend is so important, let’s prepare well.
- Heart Preparation Prepare your heart to focus on Jesus this weekend through reading some of the gospel accounts of the final days of Jesus. Crossway books has a great site that could be useful to you as you prepare for our services. Check it out HERE.
- INVITE, INVITE, INVITE Easter is a perfect opportunity to invite a friend or family member to join us. We have planned a special service with baptisms, awesome music, and message about the resurrection I’m stoked about! We have some great stuff happening in Crossbridge KIDS and we will have a special inflatable playground (weather permitting) after each service for kids of all ages to enjoy! So don’t hesitate, invite someone today!
- SERVE We will have a larger than normal crowd this Sunday and that is so exciting! This would be a great Sunday for us to practice one of our Partnership commitments to “Serve Sacrificially”. This is the idea that we would be a church community that serves more than we are served. If you are not signed up to serve yet this Sunday would you consider serving one service and attending the other? If you need a role to plug into e-mail HERE and we’ll get you plugged in!
- Arrive Early and be flexible Since we are expecting a full house it would be a good idea to get here a little earlier than normal. That way, if you need to check in your kids you can do that quickly and then find a seat. We may face the possibility of having to do some overflow seating in the lobby. If that happens will you be ready to give up your seat so someone new could be in the auditorium? That would be a great way for us to practice hospitality and make sure nothing interferes with someone new hearing the gospel. Crossbridge STUDENTS will not be having their normal 10:45 meeting this week. We are encouraging them to serve one of the hours. If you need more information about that please e-mail Griffin Covington HERE!
- Be ready to engage fully in the service. I want to encourage you to fully engage with everything happening Easter Sunday. Be friendly and meet new people. Sing and celebrate Jesus! Cheer as people get baptized because God is still changing lives and that never gets old!
- Attend our Good Friday service A great way to start this weekend off is by attending our Good Friday service. We will spend about an hour contemplating and celebrating the weight and the glory of the cross of Christ. Childcare is provided by reservation only - go HERE and register now
- PRAY Pray that God will move in a powerful way during our services. That He will help us be aware of His presence, grow our affection and devotion for Him and that many will be drawn to saving faith in Jesus!
- INVITE! There’s a good chance you’ll leave Sunday thinking, “I wish so-and-so had been here.” So do whatever you need to do to get them here. Bribe them with brunch, lunch or whatever! Be BOLD!
I’m excited to celebrate the blood stained cross, the empty tomb and the risen Savior with you!
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW!
EASTER SUNDAY - April 5th (3 DAYS AND COUNTING)! Celebrate the greatest day in history and partner with us to make this Easter the most Christ-exalting Easter ever!
- Serve One, Worship One - email email@example.com to sign up!
- Invite friends, neighbors, family and enemies to join us!
- Bounce Houses, Cotton Candy, Popcorn after each service!
GOOD FRIDAY SERVICE - April 3rd - 7PM Join us as we reflect on the death of Jesus Christ on the cross for the sins of the world through prayer and message. Childcare for ages 5 and under, by reservation only. Go HERE to reserve childcare and you will receive a confirmation. Elementary students invited into the service.
DATE NIGHT WITH MICHAEL SMALLEY - Sunday, April 26 at 6:00 PM Cost - $25 per couple until April 26 and then $30 at the door! Join us for the most awesome experience you can get as a couple! Seriously, one of the most valuable things you can do for your relationship is get out of the house and simply have a good time together. This is what Date Night is! A great evening of comedy, encouragement, and food. Michael is the CEO of Smalley Institute who is a weird combo of being a comedian with a M.A. in Clinical Psychology form Wheaton College! There is no childcare at the event but we will reimburse for childcare. Register for DATE NIGHT HERE.
AUTHENTIC MANHOOD: "A Man and His Traps" - $15.00 Monday nights 7:00 PM beginning, April 13 A 6 week study that will help men understand what lies behind the manhood traps and beneath the heart idols that can distract them from the truth and the power of the Gospel. Then it unfolds a biblical battle plan that helps men replace specific temptations and struggles men can relate to with God's better promises. Register HERE!
MOTHER'S DAY BABY DEDICATION - May 10th Parents are invited to participate in the Mother's Day Baby Dedication for children, birth to twenty-four months. This is a time for families to be recognized on stage, publicly committing to raise their children according to God's biblical design. Go HERE to sign up.
COMMUNITY GROUP - Life is Better Connected Community Groups are the primary place where you are known and cared for at Crossbridge. They gather in homes and apartments throughout the area on different nights of the week. We see our groups as a place where people can grow in their relationship with Jesus, share life together, and impact the community in which they live. Get more information HERE!
CROSSBRIDGE STUDENTS (6TH-12TH GRADES) - Student Life Camp June 28-July 2 - Cost $350 Student Life camp is a time to get away from everything and spend a week with friends, have fun, and be saturated in the Gospel. This is going to be a week that your student(s) will not want to miss! A non-refundable deposit of $60 is due by April 12. Find out more and register HERE!
CROSSBRIDGE KIDS CAMP (3RD-5TH GRADES) - July 11-15 - Cost $225 A truly life-changing time filled with friends, action packed days and faith filled adventures and discussion, your child won't want to miss Kids Camp! They will be begging to go back each year! A $30 non-refundable deposit is due by May 31, 2015. Get more information and register HERE!
PRAY FIRST - APRIL 2015 - PRAYER POINTS Get your copy of the "Pray First" Prayer Points for March 2015 HERE.