This Sunday is it! CB3 is happening! We are officially having three services. Hopefully you "Like" our Facebook page and have been praying for CB3 with us. If you don't yet, go HERE and hit the "Like" button so that you can keep up to date with stuff we post!
Here are some things on my heart as we prepare for this Sunday.
- PRAY - I know we are putting prayer stuff on our FB page and last week I asked you to do that, but without the power and presence of the living God, we are toast. Pray for God to reveal Himself in a powerful way to all who attend, from kids to the worship service. Pray for people to meet Jesus for the first time. Pray that God would protect our church from the schemes of the evil one this Sunday.
- SERVE - So many of you have signed up to serve on a Servant Team and even have gone through a training by now. Thank you so much for jumping in with us to make this happen. Signing up is great but showing up ready to love and serve people is better! J We want to make this and every Sunday an act of worship not just when we are singing but when are greeting, playing with kids, talking with students, serving coffee, teaching a small group and etc. So let me encourage you to set your alarms and make every effort to be here when your Team leader has asked you. Every role matters here at Crossbridge because as we said last Sunday, "everyone is called"!
- ATTEND 8:30 or 11:30 - We are expecting our 10:00 to be the service most new people will attend over the next few months. So I am asking those of you who can, to attend our 11:30 service. We want each service to have critical mass so that it is vibrant and alive. I would love it if we have three packed out services for the glory of Jesus! INVITE - If you haven't had a chance to invite someone yet, there is still time. So many studies have shown that people are more likely to come to church through a personal invitation. Do something BOLD and invite that guy, gal or family that God has on your heart! We believe anything is possible because of our great God! So step out in faith and bring them with you!
- WORSHIP - We want to make much of Jesus through all of this. He is the one we gather to know and honor. He is the one we want kids to be enamored with. He is the one we want students to adore with all their hearts. Jesus is the one we want every adult to trust and treasure in ever increasing ways! Come ready to worship and let's expect the Spirit to do what only He can do!
I love you Crossbridge! These are exciting days and because of the hope of the gospel we know the best is still to come!
Praying, Serving, Attending, Inviting, and Worshiping with you!
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW!
"INSPIRED" Why the word of God is the way of life.
New Sermon Series Begins This Sunday
- What is the Bible all about? Can we trust the Bible?
- How do you make heads or tails of the Bible when you are reading it?
- How can we experience a growing relationship with God through the scriptures?
Join us as we answer these and other questions about the greatest book in all of history.
NEXT STEPS - October 5 - 6:30-8:30 PM
Next Steps is a process we've designed specifically to help you connect with Crossbridge. At Next Steps you'll have a chance to meet staff, learn about what kind of church we are and how to take your next step in getting connected at Crossbridge and growing as a follower of Jesus. Childcare is available (birth-5th grade) with a reservation. We'll serve the best meal you have ever had (okay it may not be the best but it will be good!) EmailHERE to make a reservation for the class and childcare.
WOMEN'S FALL BIBLE STUDY - "CHASE: chasing after the heart of God"
October 7 - November 18
This fall join the Crossbridge Ladies as they study the life of David from the Old Testament and learn how God is the only one we can chase after that will satisfy us as we find Him. Register for the class and childcare HERE!
WOMEN'S RETREAT - October 8-10 - Only a few day before price increase!
$170 until September 20. $180 after September 20.
Crier Creek Camp, Columbus, TX
Join us for a fun, relaxing and spiritually renewing weekend! Get more information and register HERE!
BABY DEDICATION - October 18
Parents are invited to participate in Baby Dedication for children birth to twenty-four month, a time for families to be recognized on stage, publicly committing to raise their children according to God's biblical design. Email HERE to sign up!
BAPTISM SUNDAY - November 1
ake your net step in following Jesus by going public with your faith through Baptism! Email HERE to receive a baptism packet with more information about this important step.
PRAY FIRST - SEPTEMBER PRAYER POINTS
Get the September Prayer Points HERE!
Financial Update . . .
The BOLD Dashboard (3-1-15 to date)
# of Total Givers to Date
Bold Generosity to Date
# of First Time Givers to Date
Total BOLD Generosity Goal March 2015-March 2017
Thank you for your generosity to Crossbridge as we honor God by making growing followers of Jesus Christ! Share your BOLD story HERE!
Check out our blog!
Make sure to check out our latest blog posts:
Preparation for Sunday, by Ben Hester