Last Sunday was a sweet time as we declared, by God’s grace, that we are Still BOLD! So many of you made first time BOLD commitments for the year, and that is awesome! For many, it was the first step in your journey of generosity. Others declared to finish strong, and many increased their commitment and took a new BOLD step for this coming year. I am humbled to be your pastor. What God is doing at Crossbridge is really sweet and special.
We will announce our Still BOLD totals on Sunday, April 3rd. On that Sunday, you can begin your BOLD giving whether you are new to BOLD or are increasing your pledge. That Sunday will be our “BOLD Anniversary Give”, celebrating one year since we all began giving in a BOLD way to this adventure to which God has called us.
For those of you who were not ready to make that commitment last Sunday or were out of town, you can still make your Still BOLD commitment online HERE. There is still time for you to take this BOLD step with us! For those of you who are committing to “Finish Strong” you may feel like you don’t need to fill out a commitment card but will you please do that for us? It will help our team plan the coming year in all areas. Thanks for doing that!
EASTER IS 2 WEEKS AWAY!
We are now 16 days from Easter! Can you believe it? This is our opportunity this spring to invite someone to join us for our worship experiences! Every Sunday is great of course, but there is something special about Easter. Easter is a time when our WHOLE church needs to step up and use this opportunity to make a difference in Jesus’ name.
How can you make a difference this Easter? Here are three ways:
1. PRAY – Pray that God will stir people’s hearts to come to one of our worship experiences this Easter. We are sending postcards to neighborhoods in Fort Bend County. Pray God will use those cards to spark spiritual interest in people’s hearts. Pray that the Spirit will do a mighty work Easter morning and many will trust Jesus as their Savior and Lord. Pray God will stretch out His hand and do miraculous things while empowering us to be BOLD and invite others.
2. SERVE – We are expecting larger crowds at all three services on Easter. If Crossbridge is your church family and you are with us in our mission to bring the gospel to Fort Bend County will you . . . SERVE 2, ATTEND 1? I know that is a big ask, but this is a big day and there are BIGGER things at stake! You can sign up HERE and we will follow-up with you! You can also sign-up this Sunday on your Connect Card and at the EASTER table in the Lobby! Everyone who serves on Easter Sunday gets one of our brand new awesome “He is Risen” shirts to wear on Easter!
3. INVITE – Be BOLD, my friends, and invite any and everybody to join us! I’m not talking about your friends who attend other churches (they need to stay and serve there), but the people all around who are far from God that Jesus died for! There is nothing like the power of a personal invitation to change a person’s life. I know, because that’s my story! I want to challenge you to invite 3 people to join you this EASTER! We are praying and working hard to create a life-giving, Jesus centered experience in all our environments. More than likely you will leave our Easter services saying, “I wish so-and-so would have been here.” So, be BOLD by inviting them today! Let’s believe BIG, Crossbridge – we are the Light of the World.
I know that’s a lot, but there is a lot going on. We are not playing church, we are on a mission to proclaim the liberating, transforming power of the gospel to every man, woman and child in Fort Bend County. Let’s seize this opportunity and watch the Spirit do His work!
Being BOLD with you!!!
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW!
EASTER Sunday - March 27th - 8:30, 10:00, 11:30
Make plans to invite everyone you know to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus with us! We will have refreshments, an inflatable playground, baptisms and an awesome morning celebrating that Jesus is alive! We need everyone that calls Crossbridge their church family to do two things . . .
- Serve at our services - sign-up HERE!
- Invite friends/family/enemies/neighbors/co-workers/trainers/baristas - okay EVERYBODY to join you at one of our services.
GOOD Friday SERVICE - March 25th - 7:00 PM
Join us for an evening of reflection on the crucifixion of Jesus. Childcare is available and recommended for infant-K. Register HERE!
BAPTISM ON EASTER, March 27th
It's time for you to go public with your faith and let the world know that Jesus has changed your life! Get baptized on Easter Sunday at Crossbridge! For more information email HERE.
RUN TO ATTACK POVERTY - 5K and KidK - APRIL 23, 2016
This is an event for the entire family! Attack Poverty is hosting their 5th Annual Oak Bend Medical Center Run to Attack Poverty 5K and Kids 1K which will include a chip timed certified 5K Run/Walk and Kids 1K. All proceeds benefit Attack Poverty. Get more information and register to run or volunteer HERE!
2015 GLOBAL INITIATIVES
Make a difference in Jesus' name this next year on one of our Short Term Trips. Make plans now to go on a faith adventure to make Jesus known. To learn more details and to sign-up go HERE.
- el Salvador - Compassion - June 18-24 - $2,400
$300 Deposit due NOW!
MARCH PRAYER POINTS
Access your copy of the March 2016 Prayer Points HERE!
BOLD Dashboard (3-1-15 TO DATE)
105 # OF First-Time Givers to date
347 # of Total Givers to date
$3,177,575 BOLD Generosity to Date
$5,554,769 Total BOLD Generosity Goal
March 2015 - March 2017
Thank you for your generosity to Crossbridge as we honor God by making growing followers of Jesus Christ! Share your BOLD story HERE!