I hope you are having a great week! Just when I thought things were drying up, it rains again today! Yikes! Have you seen the Brazos river? It makes you want to start building an ark
On a more serious note, there are still tremendous needs in the greater Houston area. Last week I shared some ways you could get involved and help. Here they are again...
RED CROSS TRAINING VOLUNTEERS ON SITE FOR SHELTERS
Red Cross needs volunteers to help staff shelters. They will train on-site. Visit HERE orcall 713-313-5491.
LIST OF RED CROSS SHELTERS:
You can find an active list of Red Cross Shelters in the Houston area here:http://www.redcross.org/get-help/disaster-relief-and-recovery/find-an-open-shelter. Not all shelters have people in them currently. Click on the Red Cross icon on the map for location and current population.
Volunteers are always needed, but for those who cannot volunteer at this time, donations to these trusted organizations can facilitate the helping ministry of others.
Now here are just some random thoughts from me, kind of like the “Mind Dumps” I did for a while.
- I missed you guys last Sunday. We went to the funeral of one of my favorite uncles. He was the one who taught me to love horses and to ride them. As we were driving up there Friday evening, I got a call that the guy who was going to officiate the service had gotten sick and they asked if I could do it. Truly it was a great honor for me, and I really enjoyed getting to celebrate the gift of my Uncle Jack with my family.
- I am so grateful for Jason Bollinger and him jumping in to continue our “AUTHENTIC” series. I have listened to about half of it and he did such a great job. I’m so glad he and his family are a part of Crossbridge.
- I love when we can see little glimpses of how God is using Crossbridge not just in Fort Bend County, but around the world, through our BOLD Initiative. Because of your BOLD generosity, we were able to quickly replace two broken speakers that our friend (and missionary we support monthly) Terry Cokenour needed for their Sunday morning gatherings at Christ Community Church in Budapest, Hungary. Terry and his family live in Hungary full time and have seen God do some amazing things there. Continue to pray for the Cokenour’s and Christ Community Church as they seek to reach the lost for Christ and build a thriving gospel community in the heart of Hungary.
- Here is a picture of their Sunday gathering and you can see their “BOLD” speakers being put to good use.
- Speaking of “BOLD” we are so excited to be partnering with the Vanderbloemen Search Group to be looking for our “Next Steps Pastor”. This is the position that through our “Still BOLD” giving we are able to bring on to oversee spiritual formation (people taking their next steps in growth) at Crossbridge. We used VSC to help us in searching for our Children’s Minister position and God used them to help us find Jennifer Krupa. Be praying for us as we seek God’s wisdom and the right person for this crucial role in our church. If you are interested in applying or know someone who is interested, send them to this link https://www.vanderbloemen.com/jobs/crossbridge-church-next-steps-pastor to apply or learn more.
If I haven’t said so lately, thank you for your BOLD generosity that God is using to see people encounter the transforming power of the gospel here and around the world!
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW!
SERMON SERIES: AUTHENTIC: Real Faith in a Fake World continues!
Synthetic...Artificial...Counterfeit... We live in a world of imitation... That's why we long for sincerity... honesty... being real... in a world of mirages. WE all want something...AUTHENTIC: Real Faith in a Fake World. Join us for this series through the book of 1 John.
MOTHER'S DAY - May 8th
Bring your Mama, somebody's Mama or people who aren't even a Mama to Crossbridge on Mother's Day! We'll have a free family photo booth, Parent+Child dedications, and light appetizers after each service! It's gonna be a great day! Click HERE for more info on Parent+Child dedication.
PARENT+CHILD DEDICATION I May 8
Parent+ Child Dedication provides a time for parents to express their desire to lead and nurture their children in cooperation with God, so their child will develop an understanding of God's love with the support of the church. (8:30 and 11:30 only) Mandatory Parent Brunch at 10:00 AM on May 7th. Go HERE to register. Deadline is May 3rd.
Take your next step in following Jesus by going public with your faith through baptism! For more info go HERE and we would love to connect with you to answer your questions.
2016 Volunteer BLAST - May 22nd
Calling all CB volunteers! It's time for our annual appreciation BLAST. You do not want to miss this! If you serve on Sunday mornings or as a Community Group Leader be on the lookout for your invitation to "The Tonight Show with CB". Go HERE to RSVP by Monday, May 9th!
BOLD Dashboard (3-1-15 TO DATE)
# of First-Time Givers to Date - 144
# of Total Givers to Date - 374
BOLD Generosity to Date - $3,464,404
Total BOLD Generosity Goal
March 2015 - March 2017 - $6,075,442
Thank you for your generosity to Crossbridge as we honor God by making growing followers of Jesus Christ! Share your BOLD story HERE!