May to June of 2019 has been a very rainy season. We had close to 3 times the amount of rainfall that we experienced in 2018 over the same period. Though that is great for our landscaping and yards, it has caused consistent delays in construction.
THE BOTTOM LINE: The constant rain we have experienced in the past 3 months has hampered what we can do on the property, but we’ve made progress in construction plans, engineering, permitting and other areas.
1) Environmental – DONE
2) Sewage – DONE
3) Streets – The development company has made progress on the street just south of our property (Harvest Home Dr). Since taking this picture, they have connected Harvest Home to Harlem Rd., but as you can see, the street lacks finishing touches such as curbs.
4) Leveling – The development company has provided some of the dirt necessary for elevation, but still needs to provide more.
5) Architectural – This is where we have been focused recently. The floor plans have been finalized. We had our first meeting with the Harvest Green Architectural Review Committee to discuss details concerning specifications of the exterior appearances and neighborhood compliance for the building. Once we have a complete set of plans, they will be sent out for bidding, submitted to the county for permit application and then sent to the bank to order an appraisal of the plans as part of their loan closing process.
6) Interior Design – We have created an Interior Design team that met with the Architect’s design team to begin making decisions about surface finishes within the building, such as flooring, counters, ceilings, etc.
7) Engineering – We have completed a new survey showing topography throughout the entire lot, and the civil engineer has ordered a soil report as his initial step of designing and planning our site drainage and foundation work.
8) Plat Application – Our surveyor has submitted a plat application to the county which is a necessary part of the process to pull a building permit. Through the survey process, Johnson Development has agreed to gift our church a small sliver of land between our property and Harvest Home Dr.
In the past few months we’ve made good progress, the most visible of which has been the road construction. Please pray for our meetings with the Harvest Green Architectural Review Committee and a speedy Plat Application process.